Friday

More Re-enactor Madness...


I took a few more good pictures of the re-enactors I spoke of earlier, and here are some of them. The first one here is a shot of a phalanx of ancient soldiers. They were lining up in formation for a photo-op when I thought it would be a good idea to snag a shot of my own.


I thought these guys looked from the American Colonial Period. They spoke in a type of elevated style, almost akin to British English, but not quite. We had a nice chat over tea. I said I liked Chamomile, but they preferred Earl Grey. It was more "bracing", they said, and the strong flavor was more suited to the colonial life. "As long as it's not taxed," one joked. Those colonists. What kidders.


Speaking of foreign imports, here's a barrel of something set up outside one of the many ramshackle "shops" along the corridor I was in. Each shop sold actual food, beverages, or trinkets from the time it came from. This barrel's got the logo of the Dutch East India Company on it, the "A" above it signifying the barrel was shipped all the way to Chicago by the Amsterdam branch of the company. There's more to learn about than writing when you sign up for "Love is Murder", I guess.

"Only the sacred things are worth touching." - Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment