Sunday

The Mother of all Book Signings!


One of my favorite events of my weekend at "Love is Murder" was a special event called "The Mother of all Book Signings". All of the authors at the conference - whether they were multimillionaires with a whole series of novels under their belts or whether they were first-timers there to advertise their new work on its maiden voyage - sat down at their assigned tables, pens in hand, to sign their names and a brief message for anyone who'd bought one of their books.

After dropping a chunk of money at the bookstore, I had a whole handful of people, most of them now friends, to hit up during this event. Everyone wrote something nice or inspiring for me, laughing and having a good time. Here are some of the messages:

"To Jason: Best of luck in your exciting future!" - Julie Hyzy, Hail to the Chef

"To Jason - Good luck with your novel!" - Michael A. Black, Random Victim

"Jason - Don't read and drink!" - J.A. Konrath, Whiskey Sour

All of us had a great time, and this was yet another opportunity for me to network and make some good contacts for the future. Even though I was the raving fan this time around, I could see myself in their positions someday.

"A burnt child loves the fire." - Oscar Wilde
"I can resist anything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment